MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 10th June 2013 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors, C G Marsh, I Squire, R Jones, M Roberts, TAG Williams and Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
APOLOGIES: Councillors P Done and E Williams.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, PCSO Luke Dobby
Prior to the commencement of the meeting the Council had a discussion on Footpaths with Mr Steve Tilson of the Ramblers Association.
Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th May 2013 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
14 MATTERS ARISING
The Chair indicated that he had had the opportunity to speak to the Chair of the Residents Association regarding the play equipment. Should the Council agree they would wish to have a /football goal/basket ball play wall installed. Members agreed to obtain a formal quote. Cllr Morris agreed to what permissions might be required.
Councillor Marsh said that the lights had been installed and were a definite improvement.
15 POLICING MATTERS
PCSO Dobby presented the crime statistics for the past month. There had been an increase in the number of incidents, totalling 16 incidents including 2 common assaults, 3 burglaries, 8 cases of Theft and Handling and 2 Criminal Damage. There had also been 3 cases of anti social behaviour. Members expressed their dismay at the increases and asked PCSO Dobby to pass on their real concern to the Inspector, particularly as the PCSO dedicated to the Industrial Estate had not been filled.
16 FINANCIAL MATTERS, PRECEPT AND ACCOUNTS
The Clerk said that the papers were now with the External Auditor and would hopefully have the report for the next meeting.
The External Auditor had now confirmed the rates applying to this year’s audit at £150.00.
The following payments were then authorised:
COMPACC – Internal Auditors. – £90.00
Clerk’s expenses for first quarter £46.82
17 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Invitation to the Mayor of Wrexham’s Church visit – declined.
• Wrexham in Bloom- Best Community Project award. Noted.
• Noted the date and agenda for the ONE VOICE 2013 Conference.
• Noted the letter from the Leader of Wrexham CBC regarding the survey on spending.
• He, the Chair and Cllr Mel Roberts had attended the roadshow of the Commission on Devolution in Wales.
• He reminded Members that there was a grant available for the creation of a Council Website. As he was now Clerk to a neighbouring Community Council, there might be advantages for both Councils to approach Web designers jointly to share the costs of the platform, although the content would be different and specific to each Council. Agreed.
Nothing to report.
19 MEMBERS REPORTS
• The Chair asked who was responsible for grass cutting within the Allotments as it was causing an obstruction as you entered the roundabout. Cllr Morris said he would follow this up.
• Cllr Morris said that there was little to report on progress on the Prison proposals or on the Power Station.
• Cllr Jones expressed concern that the grass had not been cut up Sandy Lane. Cllr Morris said he believed that this was to be soon.
• Cllr Morris said that the Firestone land had not yet been transferred to Wrexham. He also reported that for Council tenants the Kitchen and Bathroom improvement scheme had commenced.
20 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on MONDAY 8thh July 2013 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
21 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.10