MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 13th November 2012 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair), PR Done, R Jones, M, Roberts, I Squire, E Williams and M Morris (Wrexham CBC)
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, PCSO Luke Dobby.
APOLOGIES: Councillor A Reeves, C G Marsh, TAG Williams
Minutes of the Meeting held on 10th September 2012 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
139 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk reported that as instructed at the last meeting he had written to Isycoed Community Council enclosing a copy of a letter he had sent to the Minister for Economic Development regarding that Community Council’s suggestion that the proposed Power station should be located on the former Firestone land. The Minister had replied to the effect that she understood that the favoured site by the developers was not the Firestone site and she confirmed that her officials were in discussion with Wrexham CBC regarding the development potential. Isycoed had considered the letter and their reply was to the affect that they agreed that the need for a power station had not been demonstrated and were prepared to join with us and like minded Council’s to oppose the development. However they were not prepared to withdraw their letter to the Minister as they “continue to question the logic of the site selection”.
140 POLICING MATTERS
PCSO Dobby gave a brief resume of crime and anti-social behaviour in the area over the past month. There had been 1 case of violence against a person, 2 dwelling burglaries, 4 burglaries other than a dwelling, 1 theft from vehicles, 1 case of theft and handling, 1 sexual offence and 2 criminal damage as well as 4 cases of anti social behaviour. This represented an increase over the previous month, and reflected an increase throughout the Borough which the Force had some understanding as to the reason. The recommendation was to be vigilant and if the members had any information it would be much appreciated. Members asked questions and referred to the removal of fencing to allow four wheel drives to access.
141 FINANCIAL MATTERS AND ACCOUNTS
The following payments were authorised:
Wrexham CBC – Uncontested Election Charge – £83.23
Wrexham CBC – Lighting Maintenance – £89.85
The following grants were approved:
AVOW Silver Jubilee Grant – £25.00
Llangollen International Eisteddfod – £40.00
North Wales Deaf Society – £30.00
The Chairman also signed the PAYE timesheet for the Clerk.
It was further agreed to buy 4 salt bins at a cost of £100 plus £50 to be filled with salt. Councillor Eric Williams to advise on three locations with the Chairman proposing a fourth. With regard to a new Notice Board it was agreed that the Chairman discuss it further with the Residents association and to report back in January.
142 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Wrexham CBC – Community Centres – Budget reductions. Agreed to continue to support Abenbury at the requested figure but as this was less than this year’s payment to offer the balance as a contribution to Pentre Gwyn, reflecting the low level of use by Abenbury Residents.
• Play Wales – Noted.
• Review of Parliamentary Constituencies – noted.
• WCBC/Age Concern – start up grants for lunch clubs – noted.
• Welsh Goverrnment – Marine Conservation – next steps – noted
• Shadow Minister for Local Government – Letter seeking contact information – Agreed that Clerk should be point of contact and no issues to raise.
• Wrexham LBS – draft Strategic Plan – Clerk to respond accordingly.
Notice of Granting
• P/2012/0557 – Change of use from office to café – Unit 29 Bridgeway Centre.
• P/2012/0607– Change of use to Caravan sales – Broadway Leisure, Unit 2A Coed Aben Road.
• P/2012/0667 – B2/B8 Industrial Building – Amendment to previous approval – Vacant plot, south of Unit 54, Clwyedog Road South. Objections on grounds of visual impact, insufficient landscaping and concerns on noise and impact of lighting on neighbouring properties.
• P/2012/0657 – Signage boards (In retrospect) Ash Tyres, Units 19 to 20 Abenbury Way- Amended application – supported.
Wrexham LDP2 – Delivery Agreement – noted.
144 MEMBERS REPORTS
• Cefn road traffic calming – Cllr Morris indicated that he had had advance notice of the proposals which he considered was not a comprehensive scheme. The Community Council would have the opportunity to comment in due course.
• Problems with overgrown hedge at LLwyn Onn. Clerk to raise with highways.
• Replacement lights not working.
145 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on Tuesday 8th January 2013 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
146 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.20m.