MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 8th July 2013 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors, C G Marsh, I Squire, R Jones, A Reeves, M Roberts, E Williams, TAG Williams and Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)
APOLOGIES: Councillor P Done.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, PCSO Luke Dobby
Minutes of the Meeting held on 10th June 2013 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
23 MATTERS ARISING
The Clerk reported that he had now received the copy of the definite map showing footpaths and other rights of way in the Council area. He further reported that Wrexham were seeking other formal quotes for the play equipment and it was AGREED that the Chair in consultation with the Vice Chair and Clerk would authorise the placing of the order once these had been received.
24 POLICING MATTERS
PCSO Dobby presented the crime statistics for the past month. There had been a further increase in the number of incidents, totalling 20 compared with 16 last month. These included 2 burglaries of dwellings, 5 other forms of burglary, 5 cases of Theft and Handling and 2 other criminal offences. Members again expressed their dismay at the increases. PCSO Dobby responded by saying that his Sergeant would attend the next meeting and spoke about local initiatives particularly targetting burglary. The problem of “offroaders” continues to be of concern particularly over the weekends. There was also a reference to Travellers who had camped on private land in the vicinity.
25 FINANCIAL MATTERS, PRECEPT AND ACCOUNTS
The Clerk said that the Annual Report was still with the External Auditor.
The following payments were then authorised:
Information Commissioner – £35.00
Village & Urban – Notice board – £870.00
The Clerk’s timesheet for the past three months was also signed.
26 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Invitation to the AGM for the Clwyd Community Chest – noted.
• Wrexham Area Civic Society Awards –noted invitation to nominate for consideration for their annual awards.
• Noted that TENOVUS were establishing a Community Choir.
• Noted a further letter from the Friends of Chester Millennium Greenway and declined to make a contribution.
• Noted the Annual report of the Ombudsman for Wales.
Nothing to report.
28 MEMBERS REPORTS
• Cllr reeves reported that the grid had again come loose and was rattling again.
• Cllr E Williams raised the problem at the junction of Kempton Way and Taunton Way. Agreed to approach Wrexham highways with an offer to fund or part fund the necessary safety works.
• Cllr Morris greed to pass on concerns about the state of the garden at a Wales & West house in LLwyn Onn.
• Cllr Marsh reported that noise levels at Hydro Aluminium had increased during the warm weather. The Clerk to chase up with the Environmental Agency ( now Natural Resources Wales).
• Many members raised their concerns over press reports regarding the proposed Super Prison. Following considerable discussion it was agreed that a meeting should be sought with the Leader of Wrexham CBC to enable residents concerns to be presented.
29 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on MONDAY 9thh September 2013 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
21 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.05