MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 10th January 2012 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors A Reeves, R Jones, M Roberts, I Squire and E Williams
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – I Jones and WS Nott
APOLOGIES: Councillors P Done and G Williams. Wrexham CBC – Councillor M Morris
The Chairman welcomed the newly appointed Clerk Mr Steve Nott to the meeting.
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 8th November 2011 and notes of the Interviews for Clerk and Financial Officer held on 13th December 2011 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
56 FINANCIAL MATTERS/ACCOUNTS
The following payments were authorised:
Clerk’s final salary (4months) IJ – £652.00
Clerk’s final expenses (4months) IJ – £127.00
Chairman’s expenses RS – £ 95.00
Hacker Young – £192.00
Zurich Insurance – £859.31
SLCC – membership – £140.00
Ysgol Deiniol – £200.00
St. Paul’s School – £200.00
57 PRECEPT 2012/13
Members considered the precept report submitted by the Clerk together with the estimated balance at year end.
RESOLVED: That there be a 1% reduction in the Precept and this be set at £12050 for the year 2012/13, equivalent to £24.39 @ Band D.
FURTHER RESOLVED: That £4000 be transferred to reserve for future projects and maintenance.
58 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Annual Report of the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales – Clerk to report back at next meeting
• Town & Community Council Forum meeting 13th March
• Invitation to WCC Potential candidates for Election May 2012 meeting 23rd January
• Consultation document on Fire & Rescue National Framework
• National Assembly consultation on Local Government Byelaws (Wales) Bill – Clerk to report back at next meeting
• North Wales Police consultation on Estates Review
• Invitation to North Wales Police meeting with representatives from Community Councils in Wrexham 16th February
• Hacker Young – Changes to Accounts and Audit Regulations, in effect bringing forward the date of the Audit
• WCC – Contribution to funding of Community Centres. Agreed to contribute £525 for Abenbury Community Centre but not Pentre Gwyn
• Environment Agency Wales – Hydro Aluminium Deeside Ltd update. Copy report to be sought.
• P/2010/1093 – Land adjacent to Old LLwyn Onn Farm, Cefn Road – Erection of Agricultural Workers Dwelling.
• P/2011/0613 – Erection of 5 Silos , Unit 52 Clywedog Road. Refused in October but dealt with by Chairman under delegated powers during December. Now satisfied with proposal subject to no damage and retention of Oak Tree.
60 MEMBERS REPORTS
The Clerk was again requested to chase up the following matters:
• Potholes and general road condition at Cefn Road previously reported to WCC.
• Concern over use of the road following the possible removal of the chicanes on Cefn Road and future use of the road following the completion of the new link roads and the need for weight limit on the bridge.
• Street lights still out near Scallywags.
• Noted that the loose grid at Cefn Road had been repaired.
• Concern regarding reports that representations had been made to WCC about the removal of bollards on Abenbury Road following an accident involving a young girl. Agreed to ask Cllr Morris to ensure that the bollards should not be removed and that the Council would wish to see double yellow lines to ensure drivers used the Community Centre to park their vehicles.
61 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on Tuesday 14th February, 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
62 RETIREMENT OF IAN JONES
Members paid tribute the work of the Ian Jones who had given 11 years of support to the Community Council. The Chairman, on behalf of the Council thanked Ian for all his hard work and wished him well for the future.
63 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.05pm.