MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 13th March 2012 AT ABENBURY COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillor R Squire (in the Chair)
Councillors A Reeves, R Jones, I Squire, and TAG Williams.
ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott.
APOLOGIES: Councillors P Done, M Roberts and E Williams.
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 14th February 2012 were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
73 MATTERS ARISING
(i)The Clerk reported that he had discussed the broken street lighting column with Wrexham Council and had received an estimate 0f £1739.71 to replace the column which had rotted at the base. The Chair indicated that he had also spoken to the Officer dealing with it and had verbally asked for him to proceed to avoid further delays. Members, whilst expressing a concern over the cost and in particularly the cost of connection, confirmed the Chairs action.
ii) The Clerk reported that he had spoken to Mr Archie Graham Palmer regarding the motorcycle issue. He had confirmed that any such usage was without his permission and he sympathised with the Council’s concern and would fully support any Councillor or resident that reported such motorcyclists to the Police.
74 FINANCIAL MATTERS/ACCOUNTS
The following payments were authorised:
Clerk’s Honorarium – final quarter – £ 489.00
Clerk’s expenses – £ 127.48
Members noted that the Annual Return and Audit notice had been received with a submission date by 31st May 2012.
The Clerk also reported that he was still in discussion with the Nat West Bank regarding authorisation of signatures.
75 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk summarised the monthly items of correspondence, which included:-
• Receipt of the Noise report for Hydro Aluminium Deeside Ltd which indicated that the site’s activities are not likely to be noticeable during the day to nearest residences, but may be audible at night – Noted
• Received the correspondence and information pack for existing Community Councillors from the Returning Officer regarding the forthcoming elections.
• Fields in trust – Diamond Jubilee – no action
• Wrexham CBC – advertising small businesses locally – Chair to raise with residents Association.
• Wrexham Town & Community Council Forum – clash of meeting noted.
• Street Lighting Maintenance Agreement. Members agreed, although with concerns regarding costs, the proposal to extend the current agreement until the 31st March 2014.
Notification of Granting
• P/2012/0071 – Temporary Installation of Telecommunications Apparatus for a period of two years.
• P/2012/0052 – Single storey rear conservatory.
• P/2010/1093 – Erection of Agricultural workers dwelling adjacent to Old LLwyn Onn Farm.
• P/2011/0903 – Erection of 5 no silos, Unit 52, Clywedog Road North.
77 MEMBERS REPORTS
• Chair reported back from the recent meeting between the Police and Wrexham Councils. He had expressed his concern on the lack of Policing in the Community and the apparent absence of the PCSO. Supporting the Chair members agreed to invite the Police to a future meeting.
• The noisy grid on Cefn Road opposite Little LLwyn Onn was again a matter for concern despite previously being rectified.
Cllr Morris reported that Wrexham MBC had set an increase of 2.6% in the budget which was one of the lowest in Wales.
He further reported on the progress of the new Link Road, although expressing some concern as to how the final
78 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting would be on Tuesday 10th April 2012 at 7.00 pm at Abenbury Community Centre.
79 DURATION OF MEETING
The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.00pm.