Minutes 09/05/17

Minutes 10/04/17
April 14, 2017
Minutes 12/06/17
June 18, 2017
Show all

Minutes 09/05/17

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ABENBURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON 15th MAY 2017 AT THE ATRIUM, REDWITHER.

PRESENT: Councillors R Squire, R G Lowden, I Squire, P Done, A Reeves and S Clutton.

APOLOGIES: Councillor R Jones. PCSO A Heron

ALSO PRESENT: Clerk – W S Nott, Michael Morris (Wrexham CBC)

1 ELECTION OF CHAIR

RESOLVED – That Councillor Ray Squire be appointed Chair for the ensuing municipal year.

2 DECLARATION OF OFFICE

Councillor Squire then read and signed the Declaration of Office before the Clerk as Proper Officer.

3 APPOINMENT OF VICE CHAIR

RESOLVED – That Councillor R G Lowden be appointed Vice Chair for the ensuing municipal year.

4 MINUTES

Minutes of the meeting held on the 10th April were confirmed and signed as a correct record.

5 MATTERS ARISING

The Chair welcomed Cllr TAG Williams back after his illness and it was reported that Cllr Jones was also making good progress.

Cllr Morris said that he had been approached by the Groundwork Trust regarding the future of the trial play scheme being run at Pentre Maelor. It was well attended and the trial would cease after July. A further 17 sessions would cost £1800. After some discussion supporting the proposal it was agreed to see what support would be forthcoming from the funds of the Residents Association.

The Chair indicated that the parking issues had improved but continued to be a problem along Clywedog Road. Clerk to follow up.

6 COUNCIL ELECTION

The Clerk congratulated the returning Members, noting that they had all signed their declarations of Office and were in receipt of the latest copy of the Code of Conduct which they were to follow. He reminded Members to ensure they returned their declaration of expenses on time. There were still two vacancies to which suitable people could be co-opted. There was a discussion regarding how such people could be identified and the Clerk was to follow up some suggestions.

7 POLICING MATTERS

In the absence of PCSO Alison Heron the Clerk presented the update report for April for the Holt ward.

During the month there had been 8 crimes and 6 cases of ASB. There had been 2 burglaries, 3 burglary other than dwelling, 1 theft from a motor vehicle, 1 case of criminal damage and 1 case of arson.

8 FINANCIAL MATTERS, AUDIT AND ACCOUNTS

PAYMENTS

The following payment was authorised

Wrexham CBC – Hire of Atrium – £60.00

BANK BALANCES

Bank balances were as follows- Current Account – £32,517.60 and Reserve Account – £5,476.47

AUDIT

The Annual Governance Statement was confirmed as was the detailed Bank Reconciliation. Members noted that the Internal Auditor had nothing to report.

Following discussion on the issue of electronic banking Cllr Clutton agreed to bring a report to the Council with the support of the Clerk.

A further report will be made on Capital expenditure.

Subject to the above it was RESOLVED

That the Annual Return and Accounts be confirmed and signed by the Chair.

9 COUNCIL POLICIES

Members reviewed and confirmed no changes to Financial Regulations and Standing Orders, noting that some changes may be necessary following receipt of the report on electronic banking.

Members also reviewed the Risk Assessment and confirmed that other than updating the dates the Assessment continued to meet the needs of the Council.

The Code of Conduct (Wrexham CBC) was also confirmed.

10 CORRESPONDENCE AND CLERK’S REPORT

The Clerk gave a summary of the items of correspondence which other than indicated below were NOTED

  1. Wrexham CBC –Next Town & Community Council Meeting – 29th June 2017 – Request for items. – None
  2. Friends of Bellevue Park – Request for support for Monument to commemorate those who died in WW1.- Additional information required
  3. Dementia Training – Racecourse, 29th June 2017
  4. NWCHC – Events re Older people’s mental health. – Chair to attend
  5. Welsh Government – Invitation for appointments to Meat Promotion wales and Wales Audit Office.
  6. One Voice Wales –Councillor Training
  7. Welsh Government – Consultation on draft Integrated Sustainability Appraisal Scoping report
  8. National Assembly – Expert panel on electoral reform
  9. One Voice Wales – Guide to taking part in “Battle’s over – A Nation’s tribute and WW1 Beacons

10. Play Wales – Magazine

11. Planning Aid Wales – Network Event

12. Welsh Government – Annual Monitoring Exercise – Clerk to complete

13. JACS – Village Gateways

14. Marie Currie – Tea Party

15. Nightingale House – Annual Report and events – Chair to attend

Additionally the Clerk reported that the Website needs updating and the likely cost would be in order of £100. Agreed

11 PLANNING

P/2017/0305 –works at Ibsen Biopharm, Ash Road North.

No adverse comments

12 MEMBERS REPORTS

Cllr Done reported that the hedges from Little Erlas down including the Clays Golf course were overgrown. This was the same as last year. Clerk to take up with Wrexham Highways, Becki Morgan and Clays.

13 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING

The next Ordinary Meeting would be MONDAY 12th June 2017 at 7.00 pm at the Atrium.

14 DURATION OF MEETING

The meeting began at 7.00 pm and ended at 8.35pm

Signed__________________________ Date______________

SN/19/05/2017